Classic Pot RoastCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is a favorite in our family and is always a great meal to fix for a crowd! Chuck roasts are so full of flavor and when cooked low and slow, you couldn’t ask for a more tender meat!
3 lb. Holston Beef Co. Chuck Roast
1 lb. Baby Yellow Potatoes
1 Large Sweet Onion
4 Large Carrots, peeled & chopped
1 stick Salted Butter
1 cup red wine
1.5 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 packet Pioneer Roasted Beef Gravy
3 tbsp Olive Oil
Steak Seasoning/Salt & Pepper to taste
1.5-2 cups Beef Broth
- Season your chuck roast on all sides.
- Sear it in a pan on Medium High heat with olive oil for around 3 minutes per side, then remove from pan and put in Slow Cooker.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté, then add in red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Cook wine and garlic mixture for around 5-6 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Pour mixture over the roast in your slow cooker.
- Place 1 stick butter directly on top of your roast, and sprinkle gravy mixture all over the meat and into the cooker.
- Set your slow cooker on Low Heat for 7 hours.
- Around 3-4 hours in, add your potatoes, chopped onion and carrots.
- After cooking time is complete, remove the roast from the cooker and shred, coating with gravy.
- Serve with cooked vegetables.