Sausage & Tortellini SoupCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This soup is the ultimate comfort dinner! Italian Sausage, cheesy tortellini with a creamy tomato base is sure to be a family favorite!
2 packs Holston Beef Italian Sausage Links
28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
1.5 Teaspoons Chicken Bullion Paste
4 cups water
1 shallot or small onion
1 head Garlic
20 oz package of Tortellini
Heavy Whipping Cream
Fresh Baby Spinach
- Begin by browning the sausage links in a skillet, crumbling as the sausage cooks, you may remove the casings if you like or not. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, sauté your shallot or onion in olive oil until translucent. I use a shallot because I LOVE the flavor it adds to this soup.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, be careful not to burn your garlic. You only want to cook it until it becomes soft and fragrant!
- In a bowl, mix your bullion paste with 3-4 cups of HOT water. Add to onion and garlic.
- Add whole can of tomatoes to your pot. Combine and turn to Medium - Medium High heat.
- After your soup base has come to a slight boil, add your tortellini and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and add in sausage.
- Now its time to get creative - add Heavy Cream & Spinach to your liking. I add about 1-1.5 cups of cream and a large handful of spinach! Mix together and allow the spinach to wilt, then serve and enjoy!